Wednesday 29 April 2015

Jankyard Wars: Complete



The junkyard wars challenge; a level in which you are instructed to build a vehicle that resembles a honda ridgeline out of a specific pile of parts. I made the general body of the the vehicle using all of the rectangular shaped objects, and some parts with circles. 

The wheels at this point were positioned too close to the bottom of the truck, and thus it was hard to move. So I got creative, and added some small circles to the body and attached the wheels onto them, leading my vehicle to the finish line. 

In order to put everything together I just used the geometry action of gluing them together, and adding center axles on the wheels.

I also added the crate in the back, and strapped it down with a chain, and added some lights to the front and back, just for fun. 

In order for the truck to work, it needed about 170 rpm on the wheels, and 50000nm of torque in order to get over all of the obstacles.

No comments:

Post a Comment